Highlights in December include the Scots Music Group Stramash on Wednesday 7th December, the Fun Fiddle Stramash on Thursday 8th December and the Fun Flute Festive Fling on Sunday 11th December. I’m also playing with Cauldstane Slap at a free concert on Princes Street on Sunday 18th December.
It may be getting even darker as we approach the shortest day, but a brief look at the diary for next year should hopefully be enough to get you thinking of lighter evenings and put a spring in your step.
That’s certainly how I felt as I updated the Events page. Important dates include:
- Wed 11th January: Scots Music Group term resumes
- Thu 12th January: Fun Flute term resumes (Beginners)
- Thu 19th January: Fun Flute term resumes (Improvers)
Looking further ahead to when the clocks go forward, I will be taking part in two events as part of Ceilidh Culture, just before Easter. The details will be revealed nearer the time, but one will be an afternoon flute workshop and the other a collaboration with Fun Fiddle and folk choir Linten Adie.
- Sat 17th March: Flute Fling afternoon workshop at Ceilidh Culture
- Sat 31st March: Fun Fiddle and Fun Flute with Linten Adie at Ceilidh Culture
And don’t forget that Matt Molloy will be playing at Celtic Connections in January.
Photo of the River Esk at Musselburgh in November (c) Gordon Turnbull