Individual Tuition for Traditional Flute and Whistle
Individual lessons in traditional and folk music for the flute or tin whistle allow time to focus on technique and repertoire in greater detail than a group situation allows. These lessons can be one-off trouble-shooting, booster sessions or a longer-term programme.
- For wooden simple system (“Irish”) and modern classical (Boehm) flutes alike.
- For tin whistles and low whistles.
- Suitable for all abilities
- Tailored sessions
- Individual attention on technique, including embouchure, posture, tone and breathing
- Traditional ornamentation such as cuts, taps, long and short rolls, flattement (‘ghost’ trills), crans
- Playing variations and improvisation in traditional music
- Repertoire development
Emphasis is upon learning by ear, but this is supported with music and recordings.
Rates: £15 per half hour session. Please contact me for availability. Discounts of 10% for block bookings of 5 or more lessons.