Improvers flute and tin whistle
- For wooden simple system (“Irish”) and modern classical (Boehm) flutes alike.
- For tin whistles and low whistles in D.
This class is most suitable for people with some prior experience on their instrument and is open to a wide range of abilities. The repertoire is chosen to be as accessible to as many as possible, with opportunities to extend skills where suitable.
The class covers:
- Developing technique, including embouchure, posture, tone and breathing
- Building up repertoire
- Traditional ornamentation such as cuts, taps, long and short rolls, flattement (ghost trills)
- Playing, listening and sharing music with others
- Playing variations and improvisation in traditional music
- Working with harmony
Emphasis is upon learning by ear, with music and recordings provided to support the class work.
The musicians work to build upon established techniques and repertoire and look at creating expression through awareness of stylistic and interpretive choices.
Working in a group can help foster a wide sense of mutual support, boost confidence, builds up listening and performance skills and provides a sense of the social setting of music.
Dates and booking details can be found on the main FluteFling page.